Snapshot Project: Chiang Mai, Thailand

Spearheaded by Snapshot Leader, Becky Lee, a trio of siblings from New Jersey taught photography classes to students from Schools of Hope in Chiang Mai, Thailand in early 2016 through the 100cameras Snapshot Project beta program. Join Becky, Charlotte and Henry as they take us on an inspirational journey to Chiang Mai.

The mission of Schools of Hope is to provide free education and healthcare to underprivileged children in Thailand, many of whom are displaced from their families. In collaboration with 100cameras, the Lee siblings organized photography classes for over 60 students at Schools of Hope in Chiang Dao and Chiang Mai. 

Photo by Yod Yoom: "Move Forward with Your Dreams", Snapshot Thailand 2016

Photo by Yod Yoom: "Move Forward with Your Dreams", Snapshot Thailand 2016

Hear about the experience from Becky's perspective in our featured behind the scenes blog post:

When we asked the students what they wanted to be when they grow up, I was amazed at how many of them wanted to go back to their hometowns to set up libraries, build schools, and take care of their communities. At the end of the classes, we donated all of the digital cameras to the school and hope the students can continue to use photography to explore their surroundings and express themselves as they work toward reaching their goals. -- Becky Lee
Snapshot Thailand 2016

Snapshot Thailand 2016

Based on the current needs of the school, 40% of fundraising efforts will go toward new roofs for the dormitories, supplementing the School's own emergency fund. The other 60% will go toward a 60-day summer course for 1,500 students in 20 remote villages to learn about their cultural heritage and traditions in addition to mathematics, the Shan language, literature, and community-based skills. 

Support future farmers, teachers, doctors, mechanics, and singers by purchasing the students' images HERE

Follow us on social media to see featured images from the field as captured by Becky and team.